Sunday, February 13, 2011

Focus

I've had some time to get perspective.  Now it's time for focus.

Remember perspective is to view things in their true relationship or importance.  I can only imagine the vastness of God and I know I seem to only skim the surface of my need for Him.  But calling me to more, I must focus.  

When I set my sight on that which is of utmost importance and allow my lens to adjust to that object, what results is a sharp, clear image.  The best of that image.  

So let's focus.  Titus 2: 3-5 tells us as older women to be reverent, not gossipers or addicts.  To teach what is good, train the younger women to love their husbands and children, be self-controlled, pure, keepers of the home, kind and submissive to our husbands so that we do not blasphme the word of God.  Don't misunderstand, this is no ordinary to-do list.  It stands on the shoulders of v. 11-14,

For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men.  
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world;
Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, 
and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. (KJV)

Here's what my eyes have adjusted to:  
I have been saved.  I am saved!  I AM SAVED!   God's grace brought me salvation and his great grace continues to teach me.  It shows me what sin is and his kindness draws me to repentance.  I am waiting on the hope, literally watching for the glorious appearance of my savior, Jesus Christ!  Jesus who gave himself, sacrificed himself, shed his blood... to buy me.  I was bought at a price.  I am redeemed and his blood was my exchange.  Only this would satisfy.  Now he wants to purify me, for himself.   Purify through living out Titus 2:3,4,5.  I am changing, being washed and renewed daily by his words.  He's making me a peculiar person, Great!  My life must look different from that of the world, I am his daughter.  Yes!  I want what is right and good by him!  How can I not!  I AM SAVED!  

Titus 2 Women, focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment